Quotes about Quotations - a short exchange beyond the grave


by ChaosNavigator


A short imaginary post mortem dialogue beyond the grave between the following persons:



Michel De Montaigne: 'I quote others only in order the better to express myself.'



Ralph Waldo Emerson: 'I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.'


Marlene Dietrich: 'I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself.'



Aldous Huxley: 'Proverbs are always platitudes until you have personally experienced the truth of them'



Rudyard Kipling: 'He wrapped himself in quotations - as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors'



Jorge Luis Borges: 'Life itself is a quotation!'



Michel de Montaigne: 'Someone might say of me that I have only made a bouquet of other people's flowers here, having supplied nothing of my own but the thread to bind them.'



And so did I - this alternate metafiction was stiched together in 2012 in 5 minutes :-)

Kommentarer